Saturday, March 24, 2012

ode to unrequited love and nervous breakdowns




drawing by kristin angelique



to begin with: i am not an amazing singer; but any person who is having a nervous breakdown while also singing in perfect tune, is a person who is not being sincere...

(o: this is me keeping it real :o)

recorded in parts - at the sidewalk cafe (manhattan), art land (brooklyn) and my bedroom (southeast portland) and then all smashed together. this video was recorded from a cd* (while construction took place next door; an opportunity seized since i needed to play this real loud) in christopher robin's apartment (capitol hill, denver).


*aka "you don't see me" from the record: everything in my life has led up to this moment...


anecdote: this song actually began as a 15 second challenge song for a song night at the sidewalk cafe, nyc. this song's original inspiration came from my comrade, adam green (as a kind of sort of answer song to adam's songs: "can you see me" and "who's your boyfriend")...


only kind of sort of; it evolved into another story: it's a long story...



squirrels! squirrels! squirrels! is the musical adventures of kristin angelique...






picture of me: march 24 2012, by kristin angelique